About Watch D.O.G.S
WATCH D.O.G.S. ® (Dads Of Great Students) is a family and community engagement educational initiative. There are 2 primary goals of the WATCH D.O.G.S. ® program:
- To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
WATCH D.O.G.S.® began in 1998 in a single school in Springdale, Arkansas and has since grown into a nationally recognized program that has brought hundreds of thousands of fathers and father figures into the school classrooms and hallways across the country, creating mill
Who are WatchDOGS (Dads Of Great Students)?
WatchDOGS are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer for at least one day each year at an official WATCH D.O.G.S. ® school. During the day, WatchDOGS may read and work on flash cards with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with not only their own students, but other students as well. Many school principals have reported that the mere presence of a WatchDOG dramatically reduces reports of bullying.
Hi Watch DOGS, welcome to another year of opportunities to volunteer with your kids at Ridgecrest!
Here’s how to sign up.
- Fill out the attached registration form and either email it to me or print it and bring it to the office.
- Bring or send your $5 fee to the office.
- Visit volunteer.canyonsdistrict.org to get clearance to volunteer from the district.
- At least 48 hours before your volunteer day, sign up for a time slot at
Questions? Email me back or call/text me at 801.232.7974.
Thank you for volunteering! —Darrell Smith