Drop Off and Pick-up Lanes
- Pull forward as far as possible. This will help decrease the number of people waiting in line. Keep moving forward when space opens in front of you.
- Merge into the drop-off/pick-up lane as you round the corner. Cars are directed to pull as far forward as possible, not leaving room for merging next along the yellow curb.
- Students should enter and exit vehicles only on the curbside – no exceptions.
- There is absolutely no parking in the drop-off and pick-up lane. Drivers must remain in their vehicles. There are no exceptions.
- With safety as the priority, encourage students to load and unload vehicles as quickly as possible.
- Watch carefully for pedestrians and keep the crosswalk in front of the school clear.
- Be keenly aware of the safety patrol as they stop traffic for pedestrian crossing.
- An adult must accompany all students entering or leaving the parking lot. Students are not allowed to “meet” parents in the parking lot.
- Park only in designated parking stalls and do not use this lot as a pick-up or drop-off lane.
- Use the designated crosswalk in front of the school and follow the lead of the safety patrol. Pedestrians are not allowed to cross the street without using designated crosswalks.
- Follow the directions of staff members on duty.
- There is absolutely no parking in the east lots next to Antczak Park. This is the bus and traffic lane and there should never be pedestrian traffic in this area.
- The church parking lot across the street from the school and Antczak Park should not be used as a drop off/pick up areas. These areas are not monitored for student safety.
Every elementary school must handle a large amount of traffic at the beginning and end of a school day. Your patience and understanding are appreciated. We do everything we can to maximize the flow of traffic while keeping students safe. Your support of the procedures is paramount in this process. We know your time is important, but we also know that the safety of every single student is everyone’s primary responsibility.