Good evening Ridgecrest families,
Thank you so much for your generosity and support with our Fun Run Fundraiser.
- We made our $15,000 goal and then we also made our amped up goal of $20,000! Wow! Thank you so much for all the donations! We had over 60 students sponsored! What a kind and generous community we have! Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Christensen will sleep on the roof on Friday, September 17. We are determining the prize winners and which class will silly string Mrs. Winfree.
- Tuesday, 5th grade won the car washes for their teachers in our online donations contest! Wednesday, we had lots of students wear school colors and we had a great drop in yoga class in the park with Brooke Schneider. Thursday, our change day, 3rd grade won snow cones for donating the highest amount! Friday, we had an awesome Fun Run. It was great to have so many volunteers and supporters help and cheer our students on. Thank you for helping make is a successful event!
Digital Citizenship- Each year we try to send our digital citizenship information to inform families about Online Safety. Here is our first flyer. We hope you take a minute to review all this information. RidgecrestDigitalCitizenship.pdf
This week we will start our Second Step program. Attached you will find an introductory letter. Family SS Introduction Flyer_Elementary.pdf
You can also access our school counselor, Allie Teller’s, Canvas Module. She has a lot of information on it about Second Step: https://canyons.instructure.com/courses/1459254/modules#module_2593559
Parent Teacher Conferences (Sept. 20-24)
Please remember to sign up for Parent Teacher Conferences on Skyward. Conferences will be either online or In-person. Parents will be able to decide which way is best for their family and student. Due to our two-teacher model, different teams of teachers will be conferencing during the daytime Monday – Thursday. We will still have the regular Wednesday evening and Thursday evening conferences available. Thursday is an early out day and Friday is no school. Due to COVID, we will not hold our Grandparents Lunch this year. Parent Instructions to Schedule PTC.docx
Reflections Art Contest Call for Entries!
Link to Kick-off Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1BkCQkRwNs
Students reflect on the theme “I Will Change the World by….” and create a piece of art from the following categories:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Art 2D and 3D
Register and submit your creations online at https://www.utahpta.org/ref
Deadline: Monday, October 18th after Fall Break
Questions? Contact Angela Toone, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801.916.2688
- Please tag our social media accounts on Instagram @ridgecrest_pta and on Facebook “Ridgecrest Elementary“ with your Fun Run photos/videos.
- We are still taking submissions on our volunteer survey to tell us what you are interested in helping with https://forms.gle/T6B6qcuh9qRidNGe8
- Thank you to all who have joined PTA so far!! Please know that Joining PTA has no volunteer commitment requirement. Also joining at a different school does not join you at Ridgecrest. https://ridgecrest.memberhub.com/store
Follow us on social media on Instagram @ridgecrest_pta and on Facebook “Ridgecrest Elementary
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
20th Vision Screening 1st-5th All day Gym
22nd Parent Teacher Conferences 4:00-8:00 Classrooms or Online
23rd Early Out 1:40 PM
Parent Teacher Conferences 2:00-8:00 Classrooms or Online
24th Comp day – NO School
27th School Pictures All day Gym
Oct. 4 Hearing Screenings