RIDGECREST ROAR Nov. 15, 2020
Hello Ridgecrest families,
With the arrival of winter, families face new challenges in attending school. Please help your child to remember to wear a coat, have appropriate winter wear, and wear or bring shoes that can go out in the snow. As you drive to school, please make sure you plan for extra travel time through the winter conditions. Our drop off and pick up are busier during snow days so please plan accordingly. We would like to ask that your child is ready to get out of the car within a 5 second window. This will greatly decrease the back up in the drop off lane. Making sure backpacks are ready to go as well as giving hugs and kisses before you get in the car are great ways to decrease time at the drop off. Your help in this is greatly appreciated!
Our food drive is going great! Thank you for your generosity! Thursday is the last day of food drive. We plan to disperse the food on Friday. If your family would to receive support from the food drive, please contact me. Julie.email@example.com
The majority of COVID situations in our district are from social exposures. This might be from get-togethers with friends, colleagues and family. For this reason, the governor’s order directs Utahns to not socially gather with anyone from outside their immediate household. Please practice the following precautions:
- Wear a face mask anytime you are around people with whom you don’t live.
- Maintain physical distance from those who aren’t in your household.
- Practice good hand-washing hygiene (use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if you don’t have access to soap and water).
- Stay home when you: are sick, have symptoms of COVID, have tested positive for COVID, or have been placed on quarantine.
Smiths Rewards Program – a few weeks ago I sent out requests to join the Smiths reward program. I had a few parents reach out to ask for more explicit directions. Attached you will find directions on how to sign up. Thank you for your support! Smiths Rewards Info.docx
Watch our PTA social media this week for a special “Teacher Feature” Guess Who! Social media info is located below!
Join the Ridgecrest INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK pages! Instagram: “ridgecrest-pta” Facebook: “Ridgecrest School”
One more week of our Ridgecrest PTA sponsored food drive!
Don’t forget to sign up for PTA to stay involved and informed.
- Nov. 9-19 Ridgecrest Food Drive
- Nov. 23 New placements begin
- Nov. 20th End of Grading period – Report cards sent home by mail by the 5th
- Nov. 25-27 Thanksgiving Break
Have a great week!
Julie Winfree, Principal